Kemper Oilfield Hammer Unions for Sour Gas Service
ARE AVAILABLE IN STOCK AND IN MANY SIZES AND CONFIGURATIONS
Forged Alloy Steel Hammer Unions with Nitrile O-Ring, recommended for high pressure water, oil, mud or gas
service where alignment of piping is a problem, with up to 7 1/2° angular ajustment from center (15° total).
Hammer Unions prepped for Sour Gas (H2S)
Service are manufactured with materials and controlled final hardnesses
in full compliance with National
Association of Corrosion Engineers Material Requirement MR-01-75
and API standard RP-14E (where
applicable), assuring the longest field service life possible.
- Fluoroelastomeric seals (Viton) are standard in every Kemper Sour Gas Hammer Union
- Several lower pressure class Kemper Hammer Unions are ready for sour
service without modification or reclassification. Please consult
sales for sizes and classes.
- Each component is permanently identified with low stress stamped
"Sour Gas" with Heat Codes suffixed "SG",
and painted light green for easy identification.
- Alloy Steels prepped for Sour Gas Service are Charpy V-Notch Impact
Tested at -50°F for even more stringent ductility assurance
than our standard service unions.
- Higher pressure union assemblies are clearly down-rated in cold working
pressure class for safety.
to end users: Extreme caution must be observed regarding safe
usage and installation of Kemper Sour Gas Hammer Unions and components.
must not inadvertently interchange standard service parts with
sour gas service parts. Failure to control inadvertent
interchange of components could lead to product failure, environmental
damage, and possible injury or death.
the "Cautions" link above or click here for more detailed cautionary information.